A Patient’s Guide To Root Canals
Earlier, if you had a tooth with a diseased nerve, most probably, you’d lose that tooth.
Today, with an extra ordinary dental procedure called Root Canal Treatment, your tooth can be saved.
Bacteria can enter the pulp tissue and germs can cause an infection when the tooth is cracked or has a deep cavity.
If left untreated an abscess may appear. If the infected tissue is not removed, it can bring in pain and swelling.
This can not only damage your jaw bones but is also harmful to your overall health.
Dental Pulp Decay And Infection Are Caused By
Why Undergo A Root Canal?
Root Canals Get A Bad Rap
Their reputation for being painful is undeserved
Most patients find them no worse than a regular filling
Your dentist will keep you comfortable throughout the procedure with local numbing and musical sedation.
Despite its reputation, a root canal treatment can be a blessing in disguise
When To Talk To Your Dentist About Root Canal?
Exploring The Stages Of Root Canal
Root Canal After Care
- Apply ice packs– swelling is a normal response to surgery. It can be minimised by applying ice packs to your face.
- Medication – pain killers and antibiotics to stop the infection iron from progressing and to relieve pain and discomfort
- Hygiene care- brush your teeth regularly.
- Avoid chewing– avoid chewing or biting from the treated tooth until the dentist replaces the temporary restoration.
- Visit the dentist– for a follow-up or any discomfort.
“Homeworks, root canals, and deadlines are the important things in life; and only when we have these major dramas taken care of we can presume to look at larger questions.”